Most of the blogs will get traffic from organic sources only. But it is necessary to get some direct visitors in order to establish brand name in their niche. New visitor to your blog will not know how good or how bad is your blog, until he or she visits. Following the below mentioned tips for getting first time visitors to your blog:
1. Domain Name: Have good blog title. It should tell what your blog is about. Rather than having a free domain name, it is necessary to have self hosted blog, to create good impression on the visitors.
2. Catchy Title: The tagline present below the title explains you about your blog. Hence it should be as attractive as possible. Although it would be few words, it will speak huge about your blog.
3. Add Author Bio: This is becoming important these days to have author bio. Having author bio will create good impression on the readers and it will also give some advantages in search engine rankings. Readers will get good impression and will take the information on your blog as authenticated information, if the author bio is good. You should also mention why you are writing this blog.
4. Email Sign up Form: Keep a subscription form or email sign up form at any of the places on your web page. Top bar can be used for this purpose. Make sure to keep this form above the fold so that users need not scroll down to find the same. Having email form will not only create good impression, but will also help in making him/her a returning visitor.
5. Contacting you: If some new visitor comes to your blog, he or she should be easily able to find your contact details. At least you should create a contact page, so that anyone having any kind of queries will be able to contact you.
6. Adding links to Social Media Profiles: It is not needed to say about the importance of social media these days. If you are a blogger, then you should make use of social media to gain more visitors. In the same way, you should also include links for your social media profiles, so that anyone can follow you on those networks.
7. About Me Page: Apart from creating a small author bio, it is good idea to create ‘About Me’ page with more details. It should emphasize on your expertise in your niche and why you are writing this blog.
8. Use Killer Headlines: This is the most important things to be kept in mind while writing a blog. You need to make sure that your articles have good headlines such that they would compel the readers to read the post. Headlines play major role in making the readers to read your articles.
9. Screen friendly Content: This is also an important part. Your articles should be in small paragraphs, have bulleted points wherever necessary. They should have images, screenshots wherever necessary.
10. Blog Posts should be able to communicate effectively: Your blog posts should be able to communicate effectively to your readers. This is the most important thing to be kept in mind.
Robi is tech blogger working on Techie Mode.com, His latest technology blog where he shares the latest tech tips and tricks